04 September, 2011

Sharda (04.09.2011)


Theme of the day: Sharda Rajan Iyengar or Sharda (Playback singer). Filmfare Award for “Best Female Playback Singer” in 1970

Good morning friends. Today we are going to feature the singer Sharda. While I personally don't think she can hold a candle to her contemporaries, she nevertheless sang a few songs which became quite popular. Most of those songs are being played today. I hope you enjoy them. Please bless us with feedback as usual!


A very nice song. Entirely different from all the other songs I have heard sung by her. And a lovely dance too.


I love this song mainly because of Sharmila Tagore doing a cabaret. Something that none of the heroines of her time ever essayed. In fact, the only other heroine I can think of doing something similar is Mumtaz.


Sharda won the Filmfare award for this song. Having said that, I have never heard it before. However, since it was one of the pinnacles of her career, here it is.


Sweet song which I have heard after ages. Makes me glad I did this session. :)


Possibly my favorite Sharda song.


Interesting song. Especially watching the young Rakhee and Vinod Mehra.


Since she has not sung many famous songs, I am relaxing my rule of restricting myself to one song per movie and playing another song from Suraj which is quite well known.


Signing off with one of my favorite cartooni songs so to speak. The words are Hyderabadi so Kamini Gopal assured me once. In my opinion one of her better sung songs. Have a great day folks.


(Please click here to follow us on Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment